Your Gift Matters to the College of Education.
The generosity of donors like you is evident throughout the College of Education.
It is visible in the spaces our students visit daily – like our collaborative work areas, human performance laboratories, and newly renovated STEM education learning spaces. It is visible in the outcomes of our students who conduct meaningful research in areas such as addressing mental health challenges, the science of reading, and studies related to families and sports, to name a few. While you may not have the chance to meet a scholarship recipient personally, we hear about their life-changing experiences and their new enriched perspectives, which were largely made possible by your generosity.
Through your gifts, we are able to provide outstanding educational experiences for our students and faculty. Curious how your support directly impacts students? Here are just a few examples:
- Secures internship opportunities for doctoral students supporting the Psychological Services Clinic
- Provides diagnostic testing equipment to assist with over-burdened school districts allowing graduate students to assess the needs of their students
- Supports the recruitment of prospective CyberTeach-LA students to increase the number of certified computer science teachers
- Provides critical resources for seed funding for faculty research, such as digital education, literacy, and the integration of accessibility materials and instruction
- Provides state-of-the-art learning spaces for both AE Phillips Lab School and COE students
- Allows opportunities for industry, education, and workforce partnerships to enhance Louisiana's prosperity pipeline
- Provides retention scholarship funding for students facing extraordinary circumstances that might derail their educational careers
When we say your gift matters, we mean it. These and dozens of other examples can only happen with donors' financial support to the College of Education. Will you support our students and faculty today by making a gift on this Giving Day? With your help, we will continue to prepare the next generation of exceptional leaders in mental and allied health and education for our state and nation.